Thursday, November 24, 2011

In which game did Gary Lineker have a goal disallowed for handball?

I read somewhere that Lineker had a goal disallowed for England in Italia 90, for handball - not the one against Holland, but another occasion when he went in diving for a header but was judged to have caught the ball with his fist as well. I can vaguely remember this but cannot think if it was indeed at that World Cup or another event, possibly the 1991 FA Cup Final. Anyone?|||I know that in a World Cup in '86, Maradona scored the Hand of God against an England side with Lineker in it.|||Actually there was an International in the latter parts of Gary Linekars career wher he scored a handball goal in an International. Somehow I recall something to do with Japan.


I watched the game live,I still rmember thinking how the British are so hypocritical in such things.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment