Thursday, November 24, 2011

Do any Americans play professional team handball?

I'm in the Balkans and I've seen the team handball world cup (or whatever it's called) on tv. I was wondering if any Americans play in any of the pro leagues found throughout europe. I checked the usa team handball site but it wasn't working.|||Considering that American team handball is full of part time players and athletes from other sports I am going to say very few if any. I read that a couple of the American women play over in Europe couldn't say who or what level. Getting back to the men they play on amateur club teams either private or at a university. Trust me there are not many team handball clubs in the states.





Also American Handball has some real serious problems the last couple of years and had to disband the men's team and the old national federation. It was only in the last couple of months a new Federation was created at the request of the US Olympic committee.





USA team handball says they want to build a program with goal of promoting the sport in the USA at all levels. This includes a national team that can compete at the international level. So if a men's team ever gets up and running they could possibly try to get nationalized players they have played in Europe.|||Like I said I doubt hardly any if none at all when it comes to the men. As Handball (Team) is an unknown sport in USA.

Report Abuse


|||IDK But I like playing it and im decent at it.|||yeah|||yes!.

No comments:

Post a Comment